Monday, November 17, 2014

1 Important Thing That Separates the Best Companies



Have you noticed that some companies just “seem” better than others?   They just seem to provide “better service.”

What does it mean to “provide better service?”

Honestly, there are lots of answers—and most of them are very good.  However, I’ve come to realize that the BEST companies (not necessarily the most profitable ones) do ONE (1) thing that other (lesser) companies do not.

What is that one (1) thing that all great companies do?

 The best companies find ways to be GENEROUS.

According to Dictionary.com

Generous – liberal in giving or sharing, unselfish

I prefer to view this with a modification

Generous – doing things to be helpful to someone else without being required

Let’s take a closer look and ask ourselves, “What does that have to do with being a GREAT company?”

What I’m noticing is that LOUSY COMPANIES do as little as possible, often even less than that.

An AVERAGE COMPANY does exactly what they promise and what you purchased, but you EXPECT that!

The BEST COMPANIES exceed expectations, not just meet them.

What makes us most impresses with this type of service?

We got MORE than we expected.  It surprised us, and it’s a pleasant surprise.

Key Question: What makes these companies do more?

I’ve come to realize that there is one (1) answer: generosity.

The best companies allow themselves (and their employees and contractors) the freedom to give the customer more.  They allow themselves to spend a little extra money, take a little more time, or share a little more information than they are “officially” paid to do.

If you would like to be a great company, what do you need to do?

The answer is simple: Be generous.

Putting that answer to practice is a LTO more difficult, isn’t it?

That’s why so few companies are great.

How would you like to be one of those few companies that really are great?  All it takes is to find ways for you and your company to be generous.

What are ways that you or your company be more generous?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for taking time to read my post and share your thoughts with me and my other readers. I'm always tickled when I get a non-SPAM comment. Honestly, sometimes I'm even okay with some borderline SPAM.

Let me know if you would like for me to address a topic by sending me an email at Chris@TheUltimateAnalyst.com.

Thanks, again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Chris