Sunday, June 8, 2014

1 Reason to Avoid Getting Offended Easily



Do you know anyone who seems to be offended--by ANYTHING?

I'm sure we do.  We all know someone like that.

Ideally when I talk with someone, I spend my energy on the best way to communicate the best ideas I might have to offer at that moment.

I find that when I'm around people who get offended easily, my focus shifts from finding the BEST things to say to avoiding the "worst" things to say.  When I do this, I am not focused on being "my best."  I'm just simply trying to avoid trouble.

How CAN I be at my best when I'm in this position?

Now...Here's a better question...



What if YOU are that person who gets offended easily?  (No matter how easy going we might seem to be, all of us have certain topics that "set us off.")

If we're letting ourselves get offended easily--and other people know that--how can we ever expect others to be at THEIR BEST when they're around us?

What is "getting offended" really mean?  No matter the "reason," it usually means that our ego feels assaulted.

If I encourage a person "not to offend me," then I am discouraging that person with sharing his (or her) best with me.  I don't know about you, but to me, protecting my "fragile ego" is an awfully steep price to pay in exchange for removing any chance of getting your best.

How often are you cheating yourself?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for taking time to read my post and share your thoughts with me and my other readers. I'm always tickled when I get a non-SPAM comment. Honestly, sometimes I'm even okay with some borderline SPAM.

Let me know if you would like for me to address a topic by sending me an email at Chris@TheUltimateAnalyst.com.

Thanks, again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Chris