Thursday, December 13, 2012

3 Ways to Become a Better Marketer



It's strange how you get ideas in places in you never expect.

One of the things I love about marketing is that there is always something to learn, and you never know when...or where...you'll learn it.
Learning to become a better marketer is not hard to figure. For most, the hardest part is doing.
To me, marketing success depends on a few simple things:
  • Knowing Your Market - Who They Are and What They Want
  • Having a Plan and Taking Action
  • Communicating Clearly - What You Have to Offer and What Problem You Are Solving
A purist might list many other things that make marketing success, but if you capture those bullet points, you probably are on your way to personal victory...much more often than not.

Keeping those in mind, here are three (3) ways I try to become a better marketer:
  1. Read Many Different Authors, Possibly Many Topics
  2. Listen to Many Speakers
  3. Network with People Inside and Outside Your Comfort Zone

Each of these could probably be its own topic, but I need to return to shorter blog posts.  I've been slipping lately.

More importantly, all three (3) of these ways accomplish the same major points.
  • You get different ideas about how to phrase things and different words to use, improving your ability to communicate things more clearly--the best way for other people to understand how they will benefit from you.
  • You learn different ideas and viewpoints.  It becomes unintended market research, helping you know your market a little better.
  • Doing these position you to be in motion to take action.  There are other actions, but these provide you with momentum.  Do you not feel energized when you learn something that's neat?
See Also: 10 Ways to Become a Better Marketer (Guest Post)

There are more ways, but if you do these three (3) things, you will become a better marketer.  I promise!

So how do you become a better marketer?  By being a better communicator...and by spending more effort understanding others.

Like this post?  Other recent posts are
To visit The Ultimate Analyst company website click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for taking time to read my post and share your thoughts with me and my other readers. I'm always tickled when I get a non-SPAM comment. Honestly, sometimes I'm even okay with some borderline SPAM.

Let me know if you would like for me to address a topic by sending me an email at Chris@TheUltimateAnalyst.com.

Thanks, again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Chris