Most people reading this blog post know that I do not have any formal marketing training. I do my best to use logic and what I've learned from different seminars I take and suggestions from people I meet.
|You never know what works in marketing - until you do it. Then again, next time, it might not work. Just keep trying!|
So far, the biggest teacher has been EXPERIENCE.
Now that I've been a marketer for a few years, I am seen as a marketing expert in several circles. (NOTE: There are plenty of places, still, where I am--rightly--considered the novice marketer.)
When people turn to me for marketing expertise, they often ask, "What do you suggest I do to market my business? What's working right now?"
I have an honest but unsatisfying answer for them:
I don't know what will work!
I can remark about things that I HAVE DONE that worked--and did not work.
However, some of my biggest successes came from things I did that I found simply by accident.
- People find me in search engines (i.e. Google) through keywords that neither I nor Google ever would have guessed.
- People get excited about Blog Posts I make that surprise me--and do not get excited about my "sure things."
- People respond to certain videos, finding them in ways I never anticipated.
Like this post? Other recent posts are
- Marketing Tip: 10 Ways to be a Better Marketer
- Twitter: Followers vs. People You're Leading
- Internet Marketing: Using LinkedIn Productively - Not Wastefully
- Internet Marketing: 1 Opportunity We're Missing on Our Blog Posts
- We can draw inspiration from the election (without being political)
- Why My Blog Writing Stinks (Despite It Being Good)
- An Old but Overlooked Form of Social Media