Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Marketing Tip: You Never Know What Will Work



Most people reading this blog post know that I do not have any formal marketing training.  I do my best to use logic and what I've learned from different seminars I take and suggestions from people I meet.

You never know what works in marketing - until you do it.  Then again, next time, it might not work.  Just keep trying!

So far, the biggest teacher has been EXPERIENCE.



Now that I've been a marketer for a few years, I am seen as a marketing expert in several circles.  (NOTE: There are plenty of places, still, where I am--rightly--considered the novice marketer.)

When people turn to me for marketing expertise, they often ask, "What do you suggest I do to market my business?  What's working right now?"

I have an honest but unsatisfying answer for them:

I don't know what will work!

I can remark about things that I HAVE DONE that worked--and did not work.

However, some of my biggest successes came from things I did that I found simply by accident.
  • People find me in search engines (i.e. Google) through keywords that neither I nor Google ever would have guessed.
  • People get excited about Blog Posts I make that surprise me--and do not get excited about my "sure things."
  • People respond to certain videos, finding them in ways I never anticipated.
Lesson to Learn: Keep marketing.  Market a lot.  Market Often.  You never know what will work, and that's okay.  Just keep marketing!

Like this post?  Other recent posts are
To visit The Ultimate Analyst company website click HERE.


1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I am glad to stop by your site and know more brand marketing. Keep it up! This is a good read. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about brand marketing in your area.
    Some people distinguish the psychological aspect, brand associations like thoughts, feelings, perceptions, images, experiences, beliefs, attitudes, and so on that become linked to the brand, of a brand from the experiential aspect. The experiential aspect consists of the sum of all points of contact with the brand and is known as the brand experience. The brand experience is a brand's action perceived by a person. The psychological aspect, sometimes referred to as the brand image, is a symbolic construct created within the minds of people, consisting of all the information and expectations associated with a product, service or the company(ies) providing them.
    C.A. Courtesy takes brand marketing and product demonstrations to the next level.

    Brand Marketing Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for taking time to read my post and share your thoughts with me and my other readers. I'm always tickled when I get a non-SPAM comment. Honestly, sometimes I'm even okay with some borderline SPAM.

Let me know if you would like for me to address a topic by sending me an email at Chris@TheUltimateAnalyst.com.

Thanks, again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Chris